If you need a hosting platform, you will probably surf on Google to find out the suitable and the best platform for your needs. When you do so, undoubtedly the Bluehost will be on top of search results in google.
So if you are looking for an affordable host for WordPress sites or business sites or any eCommerce store, Bluehost will be the best ever option that provides outstanding server performance and security to your websites at an affordable price.
Bluehost is a popular web hosting company that has marked a recognizable brand name in the web hosting industry offering six different types of hosting services. It might be a bit confusing to choose. Here is our Bluehost web hosting review that discusses their hosting services offered, features of each service, plans & pricing along with its pros and cons which gives you a clear idea of the company and its service.
Bluehost is one of the leading web hosting companies that was started in the year 2003. Since then, they provide a dedicated WordPress service, and currently, they power more than 2 million websites all over the world.
With its long-standing partnership with the WordPress community, Bluehost has become one of the official WordPress recommended hosting platforms since 2006.
Bluehost has been a member of Endurance International Group since 2010 which enables them to move forward towards their mission.
They pride themself on providing attractive hosting infrastructure, security, and 24/7 customer support for free open-source software like WordPress.
Bluehost offers six different types of hosting services, each with unique features and various plans of different pricing.
- SHARED HOSTING – Bluehost Shared Hosting is the basic level platform for getting started online. It is great for beginners, blogs, hobbies, and small business websites. Bluehost offers several affordable shared hosting service packages with various features. It is the most affordable service provided by Bluehost.
- VPS HOSTING – NextGEN VPS hosting uses virtual dedicated resources in a shared environment. Simply it is the upgraded version of shared hosting service. It is not as expensive as dedicated hosting, still good for business sites that require advanced features and more resources.
- DEDICATED HOSTING – A powerful and expensive form of web hosting that provides full server resources per individual customer. It means that one will have all the resources of the server to themselves.
- SHARED WORDPRESS HOSTING – Exclusively designed for WordPress websites which offers everything one needs to create and manage a WordPress website. It is great for small projects, low traffic websites, and for beginners. The affordable service to host a WordPress website.
- WORDPRESS PRO – One of the company’s most popular services which is built to host complex websites with extreme performance. It is great for managing high traffic websites, monitoring marketing success, and also for tracking the site performance.
Additionally to these services above, Bluehost provides other services such as Full-Service Website, marketing training, SEO services, social media marketing, content creation, graphic design services, email, and many to grow your business.
As a premium service, Bluehost also offers a Weebly website builder which is quite impressive.
Features of different services in Bluehost
|FEATURES||Shared Hosting||VPS hosting||Dedicated hosting|
|Free domain name||✔||✔||✔|
|30-day money guarantee||✘||✔||✔|
|FEATURES||Shared WordPress hosting||WordPress Pro|
|Free domain name||✔||✔|
|Automatic WordPress installation||✔||✔|
|Automatic WordPress updates||✔||✔|
|Jetpack Site Analytics||✘||✔|
|SSD disk space||✔||✔|
|Google my Business verification||✔||✔|
|30-day money guarantee||✔||✔|
Hosting plans and pricing
The plan and pricing depend on the hosting service that one chooses to host their website.
The basic plan offers 1 Website, 50 GB SSD Storage, Unmetered Bandwidth, Free SSL Certificate, Standard Performance, 1 Included Domain, 5 Parked Domains, 25 Subdomains at the cost of $3.95 per month for the first time purchase and renewal cost being $7.99 /month
The standard plan offers 2 CPU cores, 30GB SSD storage, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB of bandwidth, one domain, 1 IP Address at the cost of $19.99 per month for the first time purchase and renewal cost being $29.99/month
The standard plan offers 4 cores @ 2.3 GHz, 500GB Storage, 4 GB RAM, 5 TB Bandwidth, 3 IP Addresses pricing $79.99 per month for the first time purchase and regularly costs $119.99/month
The basic plan provides 1 Website, Free SSL Certificate, 50 GB SSD Storage, Free Domain for 1 Year, 5 Parked Domains, 25 Subdomains, $200 Marketing Credit at a cost of $3.95 per month for the first time purchase and renewal cost being$7.99/month.
The starting plan that is the Build plan offer features like Jetpack Site Analytics (Basic), Marketing Center, 100+ Free WordPress Themes, Daily Scheduled Backups, Malware, Detection and Removal, Domain Privacy + Protection, 1 Office 365 Mailbox – Free 30 Days at the cost of $19.95 per month for the first time purchase and renewal cost being $29.99/month.
Pros & Cons
- Great server speed
- WordPress optimized hosting
- Additional security features
- Easy to use
- Premium Weebly website builder
- Free domain name along with every plan
- Unlimited disk storage, domain hosting, email addresses, and bandwidth included in most of the plans
- No Month-to-Month Plans
- Renewal prices increase after the first contract
- Lacks Windows-based servers
- No free site migration
We conclude with a summary that Bluehost is one of the top-notch companies that provide web hosting and it is strongly recommended to anyone who needs affordable hosting with a rock-solid reputation. With their scalable plans, customers can customize their website in a few minutes and deploy without any complexities.